Church of Saint Nicholas (Kostel svateho Mikulase)
The Church of Saint Nicholas also called the Saint Nicholas Cathedral (Chrám svatého Mikuláše) is the Baroque church in Lesser Town, Prague. It was built between 1704-1755 on the site where formerly stood a Gothic church from the 13th century also dedicated to Saint Nicholas. It has been described as "the most impressive example of Prague Baroque" and "without doubt the greatest Baroque church in Prague and the Dientzenhofers' supreme achievement"
It was built by Christoph Dientzenhofer, later by his son Kilian Ignaz Dientzenhofer. The temple excels not only in the architecture, but also in the decoration, mainly by the Jan Lukas Kracker's frescos and inside the 70 m high dome by František Xaver Palko's. The interior is further decorated with sculptures of František Ignác Platzer. The Baroque organs has over 4,000 pipes up to six metres in length and were played by Mozart in 1787. The 79 m tall belfry is directly connected with the church’s massive dome. The belfry with great panoramic view, was unlike the church completed in Rococo forms in 1751-1756 by Anselmo Lurago. (Wikipedia)