Share on Facebook Share on Google+

The Gasometers - Gasometer C

Wien
The Gasometers - Gasometer C
sign in
MQ - MuseumsQuartier Wien Reitschulgasse 1
similar photos
The Gasometers - Gasometer DThe Gasometers - Gasometer A
The Gasometers - Gasometer A - BSzent Imre Bazalttemplom
AugustinerkircheView from Pyramidenkogel
Westminster AbbeyDebrecen (ex Kassa) and the Parliament
Hungarian Parliament - flooded DanubeKálvária kápolna, Nagymaros
Pécsi magasház - bontás alattHungarian Parliament
Vienna DC at nightKočár z Vídně (Carriage to Vienna) - Austrian cuisine
Shadows on the wallNárodní divadlo - National Theatre
Národní divadlo - National TheatreNová scéna - New stage
Wooden houseDuna Tower
Old house with Christmas lights - Andrássy út 47.Miethaus Reischachstraße 3 / Schallautzerstraße 4, Wien
Roof of the St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom)Pigeon Girl
HundertwasserhausRistorante Italiano
4-es metró Fővám tér metróállomás - Corvinus Egyetem M4Schwechat oil refinery
and Materials and Money and CrisisCharles Bridge and Lobkowicz Palace
Hungarian State Opera HousePárizsi Nagy Áruház (Divatcsarnok)
Pécsi magasház - bontás alattÖBB 4020 arriving at Wien Praterstern
Budaörs Airport's main hangar (LHBS)Bohunice Nuclear Power Plant
Trattoria Barca BiancaSchönbrunn Palace
Székesfehérvár interlocking tower + Nohab 2761 017Bohunice Nuclear Power Plant
Zollamtssteg & Typ U train (Line U4)The Last of the Mohicans
Abbey Road - zebra crossingPrague
Malostranské náměstíThe bridge tower - Charles Bridge
The bridge tower - Charles BridgeNagymarosi látkép (Kálvária domb)
Otto-SchutzhausLandeskindergarten Muggendorf
The Széchenyi Chain BridgeThe Széchenyi Chain Bridge
Chain Bridge's guardian lion and Buda Castle
Location: Gasometer City - Gasometer C, Vienna, Austria  Building  Gasometer C gas tank
23/1/2014 ©Jürgen77 | 787 views
Jürgen77
7 albums
68 photos
album:
Wien
21 photos
The Gasometers - Gasometer C





Photo labels


Gasometer C
Gasometer C

Name:Gasometer C
Building type:gas tank
Built year:1896
The Gasometers in Vienna are four former gas tanks, each of 90,000 m³ storage capacity, built as part of the Vienna municipal gas works Gaswerk Simmering in 1896–1899. They are located in the 11th district, Simmering. They were used from 1899 to 1984 as gas storage tanks. After the changeover from town gas to natural gas between 1969 and 1978, they were no longer used and were shut down. Only the brick exterior front walls were preserved. The structures have found new residential and commercial use in modern times.




Add comment:

  Please login first!


Location on the map:
Tags: Gasometer






         Beta test         Privacy policy         Terms of Use         Copyright 2013©  nivopix